Sunday August 30 – OC-6 ONLY
Ma ka hana kaʻike – Share the knowledge
9 person crews mixing juniors with Adults. Minimum of 4 juniors per crew & Junior = 18 and under
$5,000.00 purse for the adults. Maui Jim Sunglasses, Kialoa Hybrid Paddles and swag for juniors
1st place = $3,000.00 for adults. Maui Jim’s and Kialoa Hybrid paddles for juniors
2nd place = $2,000.00 for adults. Kialoa Hybrid paddles for juniors
3rd place = $1,000.00 for adults. Kialoa paddle covers and board shorts
1st place all female crew = Kialoa Pareos and shirts
1st place mixed crew = Kialoa paddle covers
IF THERE ARE 10 ALL FEMALE CREWS, we’ll offer a cash prize of $1000.00 for the first female crew, and the same for the mixed crews.
Waimanalo Beach Park. AROUND Moku Manu Island. Finish at Kualoa Beach Park near Chinaman’s Hat.
- Beach check in / Late registration 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.
- Start: 10:00 a.m.
- Beach start towards sea, turn on a buoy approximately 1 mile offshore.
- 4 Juniors must start and finish the race.
- 20 minutes before first change.
- Last change before final turn buoy at Chinaman’s hat.
- Finish fronting the beach by the lifeguard stand.
- Lunch and awards to follow in Kualoa Beach Park.
DIVISIONS (Unlimited canoes are open division. Must have spec canoe to enter age division). 9 person crews mixing juniors with Adults. Minimum of 4 juniors per crew. Junior = 18 and under
THE MAIN EVENT, REGARDLESS OF AGE DIVISION MUST HAVE AT LEAST 4 JUNIORS.
- Open men and women – Unlimited
- Open men and women – Spec class
- Master Men 40 and Master Women 40 – Spec class
- Master Men 55+ – Spec Class.
- Open Mixed: 5 females. Mix/match Juniors and adults (one division: unlimited or spec canoe allowed).
But because of a shortage of kids a:
MIXED ADULT DIVISION is being added to the The Pacific Honda Moku Manu Hoe Wa’a. Due to the shortage of eligible junior paddlers, and a swarm of interest in racing this new and exciting course, we will open a mixed division. The rules for the open mixed division are:
- Maximum 5 Male paddlers (at least 4 females)
- Must be in a regulation 400 lb. spec boat
- Must have exhausted every effort to find available juniors.
REGISTRATION AND CREW ENTRY FEES: $300.00 / crew pre-registration. $375.00 / crew late registration
Pre registration: Download forms on kanakaikaika.com and mail with check to: Kanaka Ikaika Racing Association, PO Box 342152, Kailua, HI 96734. Or hand deliver to KIRA headquarters at 905 Kapaa Quarry Place #1301. RACE ENTRY FORM, PRE-REGISTRATION FEE & ESCORT WAIVER FORM MUST BE RECEIVED BY END OF DAY ON WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26. Final list of paddler names can be updated on race day. Please make sure each paddler completes the KIRA-2 Release of Liability Form and the appropriate ACA Waiver Form. Late registration will be accepted on race morning for an added expense of $75.00 per crew ($375.00).
Required completed forms:
KIRA-1 Crew List and Race Category/Division
KIRA-2 Release of Liability (each paddler must complete)
KIRA-3 Escort Waiver Form
ACA Waiver Adult Form OR ACA Waiver Minor Form (each paddler must complete)