KIRA Race #8 – Maui Jim Oahu Coastal Relay
Sunday, March 24, 2019. Kailua to Kaimana
RACE DAY REGISTRATION AT KAILUA BEACH PARK – KAILUA BOAT RAMP
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. Registration at Kailua Beach Park.
- 9:30 a.m. Long Course start for Male 19-39 and 40–54
- 9:00 a.m. Long Course start for all other divisions
- 10:30 a.m. Short Course start (Makai Pier)
- Pre-registration online cost per paddler: $42.00 ($420.00 for OC-6 teams and $210.00 for OC-3 teams – $35.00 pp) at flpregister.com until midnight on Friday March 22nd.
- Late registration per paddler: $50.00 ($540.00 for OC-6 and $270.00 for OC-3)
Lunch and awards immediately following in Kapiolani Park.
Divisions & Crafts
Age division is based on the youngest member of team:
- Long Course:
- OC-1(or V-1) and Surfski, (2 or 4 person relay division),
- OC-2 and SS-2 (4 or 8 person relay division),
- OC-6 (12 persons),
- OC-3 (6 persons).
- Short Course:
- OC-1(or V-1)
- SUP (open board class),
- Prone (open board class),
- OC-2 and SS-2,
- OC-6 (12 persons)
- OC-3 (6 persons).
- Categories for OC-1/V-1, Surfski-1, SUP and Prone:
- Male: Junior (18 and under), 19-39, 40-54, 55-64, 65 and older. Top 3 default to open.
- Female: 44 and under, 45 and older. Top 3 default to open.
- Mixed: Open
- Categories for OC-6, OC-3, OC-2 and Surfski-2
- Male, female and mixed: No age groups. Open division only
$2,350.00 Cash Purse:
|Female Under 45 years||$100.00|
|Female 45 years and above||$100.00|
- Long Course: Kailua Bay to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into four legs)
- Short Course: Makapuu to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into two legs)
Leg 1 (Long Course):
- Male 19-39, 40-54 and any 55-64 age group teams that want to enter as 40-54: The start will be at Kailua Boat ramp, will round Flat Island (counter clockwise) and will go out around Bird Island (clockwise), to a buoy inside the Mokulua Isles., and then in to Sandbag beach in Lanikai for transition #1. c. 6 miles.
- All other divisions will start at Kailua Boat Ramp, will round Flat Island (counter clockwise) and will go out to a buoy towards Bird Island and then to a buoy inside the Mokulua Isles., and then in to Sandbag beach in Lanikai for transition #1. c. 4 miles.
Leg 2 (Long Course):
- Male 19-39 and 40-54: From Sandbags in Lanikai, split the Mokulua Islands to Makai Pier (AROUND THE JETTY)- 7 miles
- All other divisions will go straight through Waimanalo Bay, and around the jetty (6 miles)
Leg 3 (Start of Short Course): Maikai Pier to Hawaii Kai Bath House – 9.5 miles
Leg 4: From Hawaii Kai Bath House to Kaimana beach (AROUND BLINKER BUOY) 8.5 miles.
For questions and additional information, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.