Hinano-Kialoa Coastal Relay – Saturday May 21, 2016
RACE DAY REGISTRATION AT MUDDY WATERS ESPRESSO IN AIKAHI PARK SHOPPING CENTER
- 7:00-8:30 a.m. Registration at Muddy Waters Espresso in Aikahi Park Shopping Center, near Safeway.
- 9:30 a.m. Long Course start for Male 19-39 and 40–54
- 9:00 a.m. Long Course start for all other divisions
- 10:30 a.m. Short Course start
- Pre-registration online cost per paddler: $40.00 ($360.00 for OC-6 teams and $180.00 for OC-3 teams) at flpregister.com until midnight on Thursday May 19th.
- Late registration per paddler: $50.00 ($480.00 for OC-6 and $240.00 for OC-3)
Lunch and awards immediately following in Kapiolani Park.
Divisions & Crafts
All crafts and divisions as per Kanaka Ikaika standards. Age division is based on the youngest member of team:
- Long Course: OC-1, Surfski, V-1 (2 or 4 person relay division), OC-2, SS-2 (4 or 8 person relay division), OC-6 (12 persons), OC-3 (6 persons).
- Short Course: OC-1, Surfski, V-1, SUP (open board class), Prone (open board class), OC-2 and SS-2, OC-6 (12 persons), OC-3.
- Categories for OC-1, Surfski-1, V-1, SUP and Prone:
- Male: Open (top 3), Junior, 19-39, 40-54, 55-64, 65+
- Female: Open (top 3), 44 and under, 45 and older
- Mixed: Open
- Categories for OC-6, OC-3, OC-2 and Surfski-2
- Male, Female and Mixed: No age groups. Open division only
- Long Course: Castle Point outside canal in Kailua Bay to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into four legs)
- Short Course: Makapuu to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into two legs)
- Leg 1 (Long Course):
- Male 19-39 and 40-54: The start will be at the mouth of the Pinky’s canal and will go out around Bird Island, to Sandbags in Lanikai – 6 miles.
- All other divisions will go straight through Kailua Bay to the transition point at Sandbags in Lanikai – 4 miles.
- Leg 2 (Long Course):
- Male 19-39 and 40-54: From Sandbags in Lanikai, split the Mokulua Islands to Makai Pier (AROUND THE JETTY)- 7 miles
- All other divisions will go straight through Waimanalo Bay (6 miles)
- Leg 3 (Start of Short Course): Maikai Pier to Hawaii Kai Bath House – 9.5 miles
- Leg 4: From Hawaii Kai Bath House to Kaimana beach (AROUND BLINKER BUOY)- 8.5 miles