ANCHOR SYSTEMS HAWAII RUMBLE ON THE REEF
KIRA #5 Kailua Beach.
Swim, paddle, run, swim, paddle. Relay or Iron
SUNDAY February 25, 2018. 9:00 a.m. start
RUMBLE ON THE REEF is a swim-paddle-swim-paddle format that can be entered either as a solo event or as a 2 person relay. There will be kid’s races first, followed by the adult event. And, sponsor pending, there will also be a SUP 3 person relay for kids (SUPs and paddles provided by Blowfish inflatable SUP boards).
For kids the course will be all inside the bay and much shorter than the adult course. The adult course will be approximately as follows:
- *Fronting Kailua Beach, inside and around Flat Island.
- *2 swim legs and 2 paddling legs (2 different types of paddle craft) with a short beach run in-between each transition.
- *The participants will start with a 300 meter swim
- * Then can choose to paddle either a 12’ prone or a 14’ and under SUP board with no rudder for approximately 1.5 miles (there will be a shorter, handicapped length for prone),
- * Then there will be another 300 meter swim
- * Followed by another paddle in either a surfski or an OC-1 for approximately 2.5 miles (There will be a shorter, handicapped length for OC-1).
- *People can do the race either solo or as a relay.
Pre-registration: $32.00 ($12.00 for Juniors 18 and under) online at www.flpregister.com until FRIDAY midnight Feb. 23.
Late registration on race day: $40.00
Race day check-in at Kailua Beach Park – BOAT RAMP: 7:00AM-9:00AM
Divisions: Juniors: 12, 14, 16, 18 (& under).
Adults: Jr. 18 and under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-56, 57-63, 64-70, 70+
Adult course: See above
Junior Course: All inside the bay and much shorter than the adult course.
EVENT PARKING: Ka’ohao (Lanikai) Elementary School. Drop equipment at the beach and park in the school to keep congestion to a minimum.