ANCHOR SYSTEMS HAWAII RUMBLE ON THE REEF
KIRA #5 Kailua Beach.
Paddle, Swim, Paddle, Run.
Relay – Iron
SUNDAY February 25, 2018. 9:00 a.m. start
Maui Jim Ocean Shootout preview Lunch provided by
Kialoa Competition: Juniors 14, 16 and 18. Male and Female wins $100.00 gift certificate from kialoa.com.
RUMBLE ON THE REEF: A paddle-swim-paddle-run format that will be run on a course around buoys inside of Flat Island that can be entered either solo or as a relay.
COURSE AND FORMAT: The 16 and under Jr. course will be shorter than the open course. The open course will be approximately as follows:
- Fronting Kailua Beach (Boat Ramp side), there will be 1 short swim leg, 1 short beach run and 2 paddling legs (2 different types of paddle craft).
- 1st leg: Choose to paddle either a 12’ prone paddleboard or a 14’ and under SUP board (with no rudder) for approximately 1.5 miles (there will be a slightly shorter, handicapped length for prone)
- 2nd leg: An approximate 250 meter swim.
- 3rd leg: Choose to paddle either a surfski or an OC-1 for approximately 2 miles (There will be a slightly shorter, handicapped length for OC-1)
- 4th leg: An approximate 1 mile beach run.
FOR THE ADULT COURSE(S), THERE WILL BE A PREMIER SOLO EVENT FOLLOWED BY A RELAY, WHICH CAN HAVE 2 OR 3 TEAM MEMBERS. ENTRANTS IN THE SOLO EVENT CAN ALSO RACE IN THE RELAY.
- Juniors can elect to race solo or relay, and are welcome to race again in an older age group and/or open division, and also may join the adult relay event on a team.
- Juniors will race first followed by the open events. (6 x SUP boards and paddles will be provided by Blowfish inflatable SUP boards).
- For juniors, there will be age groups of 12, 14, 16 and 18 and under. The 18s will go with the open division, The other age groups will have a shorter course.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PRONE OR SUP BOARD, BLOWFISH INFTATABLE SUP WILL HAVE SOME BOARDS AND PADDLES FOR PEOPLE TO USE, AND ANCHOR SYSTEMS HAS SOME PRONE BOARDS, AT NO COST.
- SOLO: Juniors: 12, 14, 16, 18 (& under), 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-56, 57-63, 64-70, 70+. There may be heats as needed based on competitors and equipment.
- RELAY: Juniors, Open Male, Female and Mixed. At least 1 of the 2 or 3 relay team members must be female, and female must do 2 legs.
TIME LINE (Approximate):
- Registration/check in: 7:00 – 9:00
- Juniors course: 9:00
- 12s, 14s then 16s. May combine age groups, boys and girls, participation pending.
- Open course: 11:00
- Iron event first followed by the relay event.
- Event wrap up: 2:00
Pre-registration online at www.flpregister.com until FRIDAY midnight Feb. 23.
- Solo: $32.00 ($12.00 for Juniors 18 and under). Late registration = $40.00 (Jrs. = $20)
- Relay: $22.00 ($12.00 for juniors). Late registration = $30.00 (Jrs. = $15)
Race day check in at Kailua Beach Park – BOAT RAMP: 7:00AM–9:00AM
EVENT PARKING: Ka’ohao (Lanikai) Elementary School. Drop equipment at the beach and park in the school to keep congestion to a minimum.